MCF lightning arrestor from OBO
Spark gap technology for 400/690 V power systems
Highest system availability under the toughest conditions. MCF lightning arrestors protect machines and systems with Multi Carbon-Filled Technology.
OBO created the lightning arrestors MCF 35 (type 1) especially for the protection of 400/690 V networks. The protection device, tested according to IEC 61643-11 and certified according to UL 1449, can be installed simply and quickly and is also suitable for use in climatic and mechanically challenging ambient conditions on account of its robust aluminium housing.
Areas of application
- Wind power
- Refineries, oil and gas industry
- Energy stations
The benefit of the MCF lightning arrestor
The integrated AC Stop System prevents the possible release of back-up fuses in the case of an error and ensures high availability of the plant. The benefits of the spark gap arrestor, which is based on new graphite technology, are not only the high sequential current extinguishing capacity of 50 kAeff, but also a visual status display, as well as the connection of remote signalling to a potential-free changeover contact.
- Visual status display
- With remote signalling, potential-free changeover contact
- The integrated AC Stop System prevents the triggering of back-up fuses in the case of an error
- High follow current quenching capacity of 50 kAeff
- Use in various power systems, TN, TT and IT systems (with and without neutral conductors)
- Lightning arrestor, type 1, according to IEC 61643-11, UL-certification according to UL1449 (E327489), BAM (German Institute for Material Research and Testing)
- Simple mounting in the switching cabinet, thanks to prefabricated mounting plates
- Suitable for use in climatic and mechanically challenging ambient conditions on account of its robust aluminium housing