To guarantee the load bearing capacity of cable support systems, DIN EN 61537 prescribes tests for safe working loads (SWL) and defines the testing conditions. The KTS testing system is an in-house construction by OBO BETTERMANN and has, over the years, been continuously expanded and adapted to new requirements and circumstances.
Test structure, cable tray test
Cable support systems are mounted according to DIN EN 61537 and subjected to the load to be carried by a hydraulic cylinder. The deformations which occur are detected by automatic position pick-ups and documented together with the actual load. If the cable tray has withstood the load, the load is increased by a factor 1.7 as protection against failure. The deformation relative to the load continues to be documented. According to the support spacing, this test shall be carried out on three test structures, in order to exclude any possible non-linearities or deviations.
The KTS testing system permits tests of up to 7 t. The following maximum support spacings are possible:
- Up to 7 m as two-field support structure
- Up to 10 m as single-field support structure with jib
- Up to 15 m as single-field support structure without jib
The following tests can be carried out on the KTS testing system according to DIN EN 61537:
- Tests of a safe working load of cable support lengths, mounted horizontally, horizontal running direction with multiple support spacings
- Tests of a safe working load of cable support lengths, mounted horizontally, horizontal running direction with a single support spacing
- Testing of safe working loads (SWL) of brackets
- Testing of safe working loads (SWL) of supports